- A couple weeks ago, I found a pin on Pinterest that was the easiest Brownie in a Mug recipe ever. We had all of the ingredients listed, and when Kyle saw the pin (because he likes to see what ridiculous things I find) he offered to make it for me. It took and entire 5 minutes to whip up, and you know what? IT WAS DELICIOUS! It was a little wet still, but that probably could’ve been fixed by zapping it in the microwave a little longer. We’re already plotting ways to make it even more tasty, like adding some chocolate chips n’ stuff. Anyway, here’s a photo of the creation:
- This weekend, I am dog-sitting for my dad and cat-sitting for my mom. Actually, I’m cat-sitting for my mom for a whole week. I suppose this is what happens when you don’t work and your family knows you just sit around the house and do nothing but stare at a baby. At least I don’t have to have either animal in my house, because A) I don’t think I could handle having three dogs AND a crabby cat in my house, and B) I’m allergic to cats.
- I’ve picked up a wee bit of freelance work to do, which I’m looking forward to doing. Let’s just hope Isla gives me at least an hour of time a day to get it all done. I’m thinking I’m going to have to take shorthand notes instead of recording my interviews and typing them out.
- I actually miss work a little bit, even though that tune will most likely change when my maternity leave is over. My boss is retiring in a couple weeks too, so that will make going back even weirder, but at least the person who’s taking over his position already works at the office, so it won’t be such a big change.
- Last week it was stupid hot outside (As in 35°C/95°F) and this week? Not so much! It’s been lovely outside, hovering in the mid-20′s and REALLY cooling off at night! Alas, summer is coming to an end. Not that I mind, really. I love the fall!
- I was looking at the BC Vital Statistics website (because I’m a huge nerd) and apparently there were 83 baby girls born last year who were named Isla. There goes our different but not too common name theory! At least we didn’t go with Emma; there were 200-and-something Emma’s born last year!
That’s all for today. Happy Friday everyone :)